Skip to content

Marriage Licenses

Apply for a marriage license

After the marriage ceremony, the original license is returned to the court for recording, then forwarded to the Department of Vital Statistics in Topeka, where it is kept on permanent file. The duplicate is for the bride and groom. To obtain a certified copy of your marriage license you may request one from the Office of Vital Statistics.

If you wish to be married by a judge, you may make an appointment with:

Judge Terri L. Johnson
Mound City

Judge Steven C. Montgomery

Judge Mark A. Ward
Fort Scott

If you have questions, contact the district court office in your county or residence. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Back to top