Skip to content

Find a Dispute Resolution Provider or Program

About dispute resolution providers

A dispute resolution provider is a neutral person who helps parties discuss issues related to a disagreement. 

Mediation Frequently Asked Questions


Mediation is a confidential process by which a neutral person helps the parties define issues, facilitate communication, and reach agreement.

Find a mediator


Domestic conciliation

Domestic conciliation is a nonconfidential process where a neutral person helps parents reach resolution by improving communication, settling differences, and finding solutions to conflict.

Find a domestic conciliator
Sample Order for Domestic Conciliation (PDF), Word


Parenting coordination

Parenting coordination is a nonconfidential, child-focused process where a neutral person helps parents implement court orders or daily parenting matters through assessing parenting skills and the child’s needs, educating parties about the child’s needs, coordinating professional services for the family, and helping the parties reduce harmful family conflicts.

Find a parenting coordinator
Sample Order for Appointment of Parenting Coordinator (PDF), Word


Case management

Case management is a nonconfidential process in which a court-appointed neutral case manager helps the parties by providing a procedure other than mediation to aid negotiating a plan for child custody, residency, or parenting time, or in which the case manager makes recommendations to the court.

Find a case manager
Sample Limited Case Management Order (PDF), Word
Sample Case Management Order (PDF), Word


Approved program

An approved program is an organization or entity that the director of dispute resolution has approved under the Dispute Resolution Act and Kansas Supreme Court Rules. The programs on this list have applied for approval and have been found to meet the requirements and guidelines necessary to be recommended to a court as an approved service provider.

Find an approved program


Complaint Form

If you believe an approved individual or program has violated Supreme Court Rule 918, you may submit the following complaint form.

Dispute Resolution Provider Complaint Form



Director of Dispute Resolution
301 SW 10th Ave., Room 337
Topeka, KS  66612-1507


Find a District Court

Back to top